Wednesday, January 6, 2010

energy

Hi all,

So I've noticed that although I seem to exceed 1645 calories per day, I am WAY down from my previous totals of up to 2,500 calories on any given day. On a day in which I don't exercise, I'm eating about 1,850 calories, and on a day in which I do exercise I'm eating around 2,050 calories.

Sure, it's a little more than what is "recommended" for weight loss on the website I'm using to track food, but I have to believe that calorie consumption varies from person to person and that Calorie Count is suggesting a value for me based on averages of many people.

Essentially, I'm cutting out over 2000 calories per week (Calorie Count.com suggests cutting out 3,500/week). At an average of 1900 calories per day, down from 2,200 calories per day, that's 2100 calories per week that I'm no longer consuming. I have also added one more day to my exercise routine putting me at the gym (or doing something active) four times per week instead of three.

If I remain active and continue along this path, cutting 2100 calories out of my diet weekly, I should lose an average of 3/4 of a pound per week. It doesn't sound like much, but in 12 weeks that's a loss 9 pounds of fat.

Slow and steady wins the race. There are NO quick fixes. Only comprehensive lifestyle changes will work. For those of you who are asking yourselves why I'm exceeding what I've been prescribed, stay tuned. I'll post an average day in my life on the board shortly. I eat a damn healthy diet.

Until next time,

SM Beach Comber

No comments:

Post a Comment