Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year...NOT !

So,

I'm not in the business of making resolutions. However, at 5'6 and about 147lbs., I have a BMI of about 23.9-24 and regrettably, I am the heaviest I have been in five years.

Granted, I'm reasonably athletic, and I have been way heavier at about 160 pounds of pure sedentary fat six years ago, but those days are long gone. I'm way more active now and I eat healthier than I ever have.

Yet, by Los Angeles standards, I'm considered "FAT." I wear a dress-size 10 on a good day and it doesn't feel very good. I have to believe that with a leaner body mass and a little more muscle, I may weigh almost the same (OK, probably minus 10 pounds), but I would probably be a size 8.

For someone my size, with such a small frame, a size 8 is a realistic goal. 147 pounds may be considered "healthy" by the average American standard, but we have an obesity epidemic in this country, and I'm sorry; that's not good enough.

With a pear-shaped body and a rather large arse, it's time for a little change. I've joined calorie-count.com (as of December 30th) and I'm documenting everything I shove in my face for the next little while in addition to any exercise I'm getting. Hopefully that will help me start to keep track of things and establish basic portion sizes, etc.

Calorie Count suggests that I keep my caloric intake at around 1,650 calories a day in order to lose about 10 pounds by March. That's pretty fucking impossible, if you ask me. I already eat like a queen of health and fitness; NO white bread, NO pasta, whole grains only, nuts, avocados, olive oil (in small amounts),abundant amounts of fruits & veggies, and very little processed crap.

You get it.

Join me on this journey into the hell that is calorie-counting and exercise tracking. See what it does to my social life, my body, my mental state, and beyond, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment